Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Appointment update

Today was my weekly appointment (at 39 weeks 4 days). I toyed with the idea of throwing the hospital bag in the car, just in case I was sent directly to L&D for some reason. BUT when I was getting ready for work this morning I felt totally normal and figured it was unlikely that I'd be in the hospital by day's end. So the hospital bag stayed at home, and it was just as well, because I certainly didn't need it just yet. I have started dilating (2 centimeters), but that doesn't really mean much, because I could walk around like that for two weeks. My blood pressure and baby's heart rate were both good. And somehow I LOST three pounds! I think that means that I should eat more IHOP chocolate chip pancakes (by far my favorite dinner of the week!) So the doctor basically said he wouldn't be surprised to see me at my next scheduled appointment next Thursday. Sheesh, I'll be five days overdue by that point, so let's hope I don't make it to that appointment! That's it, wish I had more exciting news, but the waiting game continues!

2 comments:

  1. You know they say that good things come to those who wait! So, are you working until the baby comes, or do you have a date set as your last work day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they all come out eventually! We'll be praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete