Saturday, January 9, 2010

37 Weeks


It's a big week....I'm officially considered full term. Let's all take a moment to process that. (Or you still may be processing the fact that something now the size of a watermelon is inside of me.)

We had a rocky start to the week with a little bug that both Stewart and I picked up over Christmas. We're both feeling much better now and looking forward to the getting all the loose ends tied up and final to-do's checked off so we can finally feel prepared for the baby's arrival. You've probably noticed that I'm still not referring to him by name on the blog. That's because while we've pretty much decided on his name and will gladly tell anyone who asks, I still feel funny about making a big name announcement before he gets here. Maybe there's a tiny part of me that worries that we'll see him and decide that the name we've decided on just doesn't fit, or maybe just that I'll change my mind last minute. Anyway, sorry to keep you in suspense, it won't be long now!

Last night we had our final baby shower, thrown by the women's group at Stewart's family's church. It was SO nice, and we felt so loved by all the friends and family that came out to spend the evening with us. Stewart was a really good sport to stay and open presents with me. We got some of the cutest outfits and toys, baby necessities, and of course diapers. We're so thankful!

Me with the hostesses






Savannah was a big helper :-)


Is there anything cuter than baby shoes??


Opening the box of goodies from my mom




I'm too exhausted to take and upload a belly picture right now. I'll try to get around to it tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment