Saturday, January 23, 2010

39 weeks

We're in the home stretch, people! It's been a roller coaster of a week, in terms of emotions. All week long I'd been kind of nauseous and headachey, and I really thought I'd go in for my weekly doctor's appointment on Thursday to find that there was some sort of progression. But nope, nada. Which is of course perfectly normal, but just slightly disappointing. The good news is that my blood pressure was back down. Now I've stopped getting comments at work from the people who delivered at 37 weeks, and am hearing all the stories of people who were two and three weeks overdue. And THAT is quite disheartening. Stewart says I shouldn't be cranky since the baby's almost here, but I think every 39 week pregnant woman has the right to be cranky whenever she wants. So there.

I'm still getting all my loose ends tied up at work, and I'm hoping to have it all done by Tuesday or Wednesday. I feel like I'm going to get through the end of the week before going in to labor. But then Saturday is a full moon, so who knows? People keep asking if I'm nervous....strangely I'm not really nervous, just excited and ready. SO excited and ready. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Don't let the 42-weeker stories be disheartening!! They usually end in perfectly healthy babies being delivered :o) Take it from a 41.5 weeker - I know the last couple weeks are hard, but every minute he spends in utero is still growing and developing time. And as soon as he's out, you'll actually miss carrying him around 24/7, feeling his every kick and wiggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so close!! :-) You look gorgeous, and your cutie pie will be here so soon. If you can sleep, sleep now! :-)

    ReplyDelete