Monday, July 6, 2009

Over-analyzing

I know from the comments on the message boards that I'm not the only pregnant woman who over-analyzes every symptom/lack of symptom. I actually think I've done pretty well with not freaking out about things. But this morning I admit I'm a teeny bit worried about my disappearing symptoms. For several weeks I've been having to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom; that hasn't happened in the last two nights. When I get up in the morning, I'm usually either nauseous or starving; this morning I was neither hungry nor nauseous. Our next appointment is a week from tomorrow, which can't come soon enough. I'm told they won't do an ultrasound, but will use a doppler to check the heartbeat and make sure everything is ok. I know my husband thinks it's ridiculous and over-the-top, but I find myself wishing that I had one of those home dopplers that lets you listen to the baby's heartbeat anytime. I think most people start to be able to pick up the heartbeat at home around 10 weeks, which means I may be able to find it now. That would obviously make me feel much better. I think it costs around $100 to order one from Amazon....not exactly in the budget (especially with my new save-for-a-DSLR plan.) I wish I could find someone to borrow one from, but a) I don't think any of my friends are as obsessive as me and therefore probably don't have a doppler, and b)we are still planning to wait about three more weeks before we tell friends and the rest of our family. Mom and I have a busy day today (she has a haircut and physical therapy, which is quite a full schedule compared to the endless days we've spent lounging on the couch) so hopefully that will help take my mind off the worrying. At least it will keep me away from the internet and the ability to google all my fears.

1 comment:

  1. we had a heartbeat thing and it was cool for the first 2 or 3 times, but got old. Don't waste the $20 bucks. Buy diapers instead.

    ReplyDelete