Saturday, July 11, 2009

11 Weeks


Yay, a lime! So much better than a prune! Hair follicles and nail beds are forming, and there's lots of kicking and stretching going on (not that I can feel any of that, of course.) I'm still having on and off nausea, but the big change this week has been the insatiable hunger. I'm SO hungry, almost all the time. And if I try to ignore the hunger, that's when I start feeling really sick. Today my mid-afternoon "snack" consisted of a huge plate of spaghetti! I wouldn't say I've had any major cravings, but I have been enjoying a few things that I don't usually eat a lot of. Diced peaches, for one thing. And fruity, icy things like popsicles, slushies, etc. This hunger thing is kind of pissing me off, because my clothes are starting to get tight, and not just in the belly area. I've worked hard the past couple years to stay at a weight I'm happy with, and so it kind of stinks to put on an outfit and realize I just can't wear it. I had hoped that I would just get a cute belly and not gain weight in other places, but I'm now not sure that's realistic. I admit that I haven't worked out in quite a while, but the nausea and fatigue has made it hard to get up the motivation. When I get back home I'm really planning to try to get back into a workout routine. Hopefully that will at least make me feel a little better about myself.

I'm feeling really good about being 11 weeks along, and am really looking forward to the end of the 1st trimester. I'm still wanting to wait to spread the news until about 13 weeks, but I'm starting to get REALLY excited about telling people. Most people who know me are aware of how badly I want children, so I know that everyone is going to be really excited for us. We're deep in baby name discussions, even though it will still be a while before we know if it's a boy or a girl. Both Stewart and I tend to be really indecisive, so I'm sure it will be quite a while before we settle on names.

Here I am, in all my bloated, post-dinner glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment