Sunday, November 1, 2009

27 Weeks

Well, I believe this is the start of the third trimester! (According to TheBump it started at 26 weeks and 6 days, but I just rounded to the nearest week.) We're two-thirds of the way there, which is pretty unbelievable. I don't have a belly shot right now, because we were at the beach with my college buddies this weekend and I was more focused on them than my belly. My friend did take a picture of me on Saturday (in my bikini....eek!), so when she sends that to me I'll post it, unless I decide that I look too hideous. In that case you'll just have to go without a picture for the week.

According to BabyCenter, the babe is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and possibly sucking his thumb. I've started being able to feel when he gets the hiccups, which is pretty weird! My energy has picked back up a bit, and I've been trying to get in some more activity. Mainly walking after school, although I did do some frolicking in the waves this weekend too. I know eventually my energy is going to drop off again, so I'd better take advantage of it while I can.

Since I don't have a picture to post, I'll give you a little glimpse of what a baby looks like at 27 weeks gestation. This is a really cool website that shows the development of a baby inside the womb...you click and drag the bar under the pictures (the one on the left is through week 8, and on the right is week 8 through week 40.) It is an illustration of a woman's internal anatomy, so if you're squeamish about those kind of things, then skip this link. I just think it's a really cool visual (drag it slowly, and then try it fast!) The thing that's amazing to me is to see how all the other organs are already all squished up at week 27! No wonder I have heartburn, everything is all out of place. Here's the link: 9 Month Miracle (hint: sometimes I have to fiddle with the website a bit, move the pictures up and down on the screen until they show up.)

I came across another cool website today: 1001 rules for my unborn son. I had planned to spend some time looking through it and tell you some of my favorites, but I've spent too much time online so I'll leave you with Stewart's favorites instead:
322: Sympathy is a crutch. Never fake a limp.
395: Be mindful of what comes between you and the earth. Buy good tires, good sheets, and good shoes.
393: Never eat lunch at your desk. (Wish I could follow this rule...)
360: Never under any circumstances as a woman if she is pregnant.
"Hold doors, pull out chairs, easy on the swears." -Fresh Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment