Saturday, November 7, 2009

28 Weeks

12 weeks left, and the baby is enjoying his last week as the size of an eggplant. He's most likely over two pounds now, and I can believe it! His movements have seemed much bigger and more jarring in the last few days. The other day I woke up to two of the biggest kicks yet...I was laying on my side and I swear his foot made contact with the bed. I'm also starting to be able to feel more stretching and pushing, instead of just kicks. Guess he's starting to feel a little cramped in there. Sorry buddy, you've still got a while, so get cozy!

I had another routine checkup this past week, nothing new or exciting to report. Much to my surprise, they asked if I wanted to get the H1N1 shot while I was there (even though several months ago they had said that they weren't planning to get any.) I did get the shot, and I'm comfortable with the decision, even though I know that not everyone likes the idea of the vaccine. I know my mom at least is happy. :-) My arm was a little bit sore for about a day, but nothing to write home about. Other than that, no ill effects. My appointments now go from once a month to once every two weeks. Yet another milestone that makes the little one's arrival seem so soon!

This should be an exciting week....tomorrow we're going to go check out the brand new BabiesRUs that is opening in town. I have Wednesday off for Veteran's Day and am going to get my free facial that I won at the OB last month. Most exciting is my first baby shower, which my friend from work is throwing for me next Saturday. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment