Sunday, October 25, 2009

26 weeks

Well, the second trimester is winding down, and I'm starting to find myself slowing down as well. This week I have been sooooo tired. I think part of it is that I've started waking up a lot more at night. I usually can just roll over and fall right back asleep, but it's long enough to disrupt my rest. Plus, activities that normally wouldn't have fazed me in the past are now leaving me totally drained. I guess this just comes with the territory. I still can't bring myself to nap, which is probably what I should be doing. I'm just not a good napper. Hopefully the babe will be better than I am in that area...

So I'm in full-on countdown mode now. I literally manufacture ways to count down days, weeks, milestones, etc. This is not new to the pregnancy; I've always been really aware of approaching events and slightly obsessed with marking the passage of time until those events arrive. Here are some of my latest countdown observations related to this pregnancy.
  • We have less than 100 days until my due date. Going from triple digits to double digits seems like a big deal.
  • I have fewer weeks of work from now until my due date (11 weeks, when adjusted for Thanksgiving and Christmas break and other days off) than I have already worked so far this school year (12 weeks, including teacher planning)
  • Stewart only has 3 more rotations until my due date (and these rotations go by so fast!)
  • Last week I bought a new bottle of pre-natal vitamins, and realized that I have exactly enough vitamins to last me until January 31st. So now my vitamin bottle gets to be my visual countdown reminder!
  • Only 11 more weeks until I'm considered "full term". Obviously I'd like to make it to the end of January (although I might be singing a different tune around week 38 and 39), but I was three weeks early and look how well I turned out!
  • 3 months and one week until my due date!

2 comments:

  1. You look great. I love the hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hair cut! As for the sleep issues, I think the poor sleep during pregnancy is God's way of warming you up to the poor sleep you get with a newborn. :-)

    ReplyDelete