Monday, October 5, 2009

23 weeks

Sorry I'm a couple days late; we were gone most of this weekend and I just now feel caught up enough with laundry, meal planning, and grocery shopping to sit down and type out a post. We're doing great, and baby continues to be a bundle of energy. The evenings are definitely his most active time, and we can now see my belly move when he gives a particularly big kick. It makes me laugh really hard every time it happens. It's such a weird feeling, to watch my own body move without doing it of my own volition!

I had my monthly doctor's appointment last week. It was a quick checkup, with just the basic weigh-in, pee in a cup, and listen to the heartbeat. The doctor said everything sounds good, but he's on the fence about whether or not I'm gaining weight too quickly. Guess I need to start being a little bit more careful about my calorie intake, and get back to some sort of exercise. We went for a nice long walk last week that I know was good for me, but the heat and humidity has kicked back in this week so I've been hesitant to head back out. I have to go for some sort of glucose tolerance test in a few weeks, I think to see if I'm developing gestational diabetes. I believe it's a routine test that the majority of women get at this stage in pregnancy, not just because my doctor thinks I'm a porker.

So after the shattering of my body image, at least something positive did come out of that appointment (besides knowing that the baby is doing well, of course.) At check-out I put my name in a drawing for a free mommy-to-be facial, and the office called me today to tell me that I won! Yay! I never win anything! It's been forever since I've had a facial, so I'm really looking forward to some pampering.

So here's this week's belly shot, on location at Seaside. We went for the semi-annual Seaside garage sale and some outlet shopping in Destin. Thanks for my mom-in-law for the maternity outfit and the for adding to the growing stash of adorable baby clothes!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what the doctor is talking about... you look AMAZING! I love the picture at the beach. Hope all is well! Love - Emily

    ReplyDelete