Saturday, October 17, 2009

25 Weeks


Is it bad that I left my gestational diabetes screening this morning and went directly to Krispy Kreme? I felt I deserved some sort of reward after getting up so early on a Saturday morning, chugging a nasty glucose drink (tasted like orange Gatorade with three times too much sugar), spending an hour and a half in a packed, uncomfortable waiting room, and then being stuck and drained of two vials of blood. I won't get the results for another three days or so, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be in the clear. And if not, at least I got my doughnuts before being deprived of all things that taste good.

As you can see, this month (weeks 25-28) the baby has moved up to the next fruit size. Did you know that an eggplant is a fruit? I always thought it was a veggie. This week the baby is starting to gain some of that baby fat that will make him so incredibly adorable. Supposedly the vocal folds have developed, and I may be able to start feeling him hiccup soon. Each week I can feel his kicks up a little higher (now a few inches above my belly button), even though my belly still seems to be sitting pretty low. My lower back is starting to give me a little bit more trouble. Friday was a teacher planning day, and I spent ALL day sitting at my desk doing paperwork. Each time I got up, I swear I did that stereotypical pregnant woman walk- one hand on my lower back, waddling just a bit, grimace on my face. I swear, it's too early for me to be doing that walk...

So after fighting this cruddy sickness for a week and a half with no improvement, I finally got on some antibiotics and hopefully will start feeling better ASAP. Sleep is quite elusive because I can't breathe out of my nose and sound like I'm trying to cough up a lung. I'm hoping not to cause the baby hearing loss with my hacking.

The name issue is starting to stress me out. We have it narrowed down to two likely choices, but can't seem to come any closer to a decision. It used to be fun to talk about hypothetical baby names, but to actually have to decide on one for our child is a lot of pressure. Neither Stewart or I are known for being great decision makers ("Whatever you want, honey", tends to be our both of our most common utterances.) So we basically keep going around in circles. I don't see us waiting until the baby is born to decide, because as much as I hate decisions I also hate being in limbo. So....anyone want to volunteer to name our baby? We reserve the right to veto.

This has been a pretty disjointed blog post, so I'll just go ahead and give you what you came for, the belly picture. Notice I'm wearing long sleeves....yay for the first real fall weather of the season!

1 comment:

  1. First off, Jonathan and I ate eggplant tonight which is weird, cause we never eat that (stupid diet :-)). And, I totally thought it was a veggie! Are you sure it's a fruit?

    Second, love the picture--your belly is definitely popping more!!!

    Relax about the name...it will come to you. Even if it is after he's born. :-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete