Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hi Peanut!



What a great day! The ultrasound went better than I could have hoped for! The lady (ultrasound tech? ARNP? I don't really know!) was super nice, and surprised me by saying she was going to try for a standard (abdominal) ultrasound, instead of an *ahem* more internal approach. I wasn't expecting this, because I have been reading that most places won't even attempt standard ultrasounds for at least a couple more weeks. Well, it took all of three seconds before she said "Yep, there's someone in there", and there it was! Clear as could be, including the little heartbeat flickering away! She told us that at this time the heart rate should be between 120 and 170, and ours was 154, so right on track. It's also measuring right on schedule...actually one day ahead (8wks4days instead of 8wks3days.) Obviously by this point I was happy as could be, and THEN she said that she'd let us hear the heartbeat...something else I wasn't expecting at this appointment. Oh what a beautiful sound, just chug-chugging away! I didn't cry at all like I thought I might, but I did have a huge silly grin on my face the whole time. And I'm SO glad that Stewart was able to be there. He has now started calling the baby "Peanut", which I think just might be a nickname that sticks around for a while. So happy! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an all-star first basemen to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And.. bookmarked. You're only a few weeks ahead of me (4w6d today) so I'm going to blog stalk you to see what's coming in my near future. Your peanut is adorable! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete