Monday, June 8, 2009

Telling the family- Part 1

Yesterday was the big reveal, when we told Stewart's family our big news. After church we went to his grandmother's house for lunch (a good southern fish fry that made my husband's soul glad.) His parents and brother were there, along with his other grandparents who live out of town but just happened to be visiting. After we had eaten, his brother was getting ready to leave, but Stewart told him to wait because he had a picture that he wanted to show everyone. We had put a photo of the positive pregnancy test in a frame, which he showed to his mom first. Here's her reaction!

This was actually her initial look of disbelief (Dad apparently hadn't figured out what was going on yet.) I wish I had gotten her second reaction, which was like the above, but multiplied by 10. Needless to say, they were thrilled.

Here is Stewart's grandfather and two grandmothers after we broke the news. You can even see Granda wiping her eyes....she admitted later that she was so happy that she teared up.


Unfortunately Stewart's sister was out of town, but we told her on the phone that evening. We had left a message for her to call us, and when she did Stewart proceeded to beat around the bush and talk about random stuff for 10 minutes. I could tell that Amber was getting more and more exasperated with him. Finally he just said, "Hey, Mom has a picture I want you to go look at." And let me tell you, Amber certainly came through with the screaming! We couldn't even understand half of what she was saying, but we definitely got "I'm going to be an auntie!!!"

It really was so much fun to tell them the news and get to talk about what's been going on the last few weeks. Now I can't wait to tell my mom in person on Friday, and my brother on Saturday (his birthday). I haven't been able to think of a good birthday present for him, so hopefully this will distract him from my lack of gift. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment