Saturday, June 27, 2009

9 weeks


This week the baby is the size of a green olive....almost an inch long and supposedly starting to look more like a baby and less like a tadpole. Still feeling pretty good and only get nauseous when I let myself get too hungry. No major cravings or food aversions. It's been a good week, with not much new to report. This week I've started thinking more about baby gear, strollers, and that kind of stuff. It's REALLY overwhelming, but I think I'm already starting to get a preliminary idea of what I want in various baby items. And I know it's not technically a baby item, but the thing I'm currently obsessing over is a Digital SLR camera. It's been on my wish list for at least a couple years, but now that I have a baby coming I'm getting obsessed (did I already say that?) with making sure that I'm equipped to take really good pictures from the get-go. I took our little Canon point-and-shoot to the beach this weekend, and the pictures I tried to take of my friend's kids didn't even begin to compare to the shots that she got with her DSLR. (For the record, Stewart is not in agreement with me that this is a necessary pre-baby purchase.)

I'm about to head back down to help my mom out for a couple more weeks. When I get back I have my first appointment with my actual ob/gyn, who I haven't even met yet. I'm not sure if I'll have another ultrasound at that point; I hope I do. I'll be 11 1/2 weeks at that appointment, and assuming that everything looks good then, we'll be able to start telling our friends just a few weeks later!

Here's my 9week picture, still not much to show. I'm still able to wear all my regular clothes, although I admit that all I really want to wear are loose skirts and dresses. My sweet husband went to Motherhood Maternity while I was out of town and bought me a Tummy Sleeve so I can keep wearing my regular pants when they get a little tight in the waist; so far I haven't needed to use it. I just think it's cute that he went shopping in a maternity store even before I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment