Saturday, December 19, 2009

34 weeks

I'm officially on Christmas break! I have never needed the time off from school so badly! We're going to be around for a few days to do some Christmas shopping and work on making room for the baby. As I type this, Stewart is putting together a dresser so we can start putting away all the baby clothes. After Thanksgiving we brought up my cradle (the one my grandparents had made for me when I was a baby), and the glider should arrive sometime soon after Christmas. I know once I start back to school in January the time is going to fly, so I really want to get as much done as we can before then.

For a couple weeks I've been wondering about the position of the baby, since I haven't been able to tell. I asked at my doctor's appointment this week, and the doctor did a quick ultrasound to check. Sorry, no ultrasound pictures to share, but the good news is that his head is down! (Way down, according to the doctor.) He also said that he thought it was very unlikely that he would turn, so obviously I'm quite relieved. The other interesting thing the doctor told me is that I may not be feeling hiccups, but rather little rhythmic breath-like movements. He said that it was a very good sign, because it indicates that he's getting lots of oxygen.

This past week I feel like I've expanded quite a bit. The heartburn was back with a vengeance, until I gave in and started taking (pregnancy approved) Zantac. It has helped a lot. I now officially cannot see the underside of my belly, nor can I lean over to tie my sneakers and breathe at the same time. Getting up off the couch is becoming more and more difficult as well...there is usually some grunting involved. I think the solution is just to stay on the couch. :-)

Well, I think Stewart is almost done with the dresser, so I should probably go get ready for what is (hopefully) our last Christmas shopping marathon. Enjoy the picture (I've been loving this purplish color this season!)

No comments:

Post a Comment