Sunday, December 6, 2009

32 Weeks

8 weeks to go! Can't come soon enough. I'm still feeling good but just getting impatient. It's hard to keep my heart in my job; all I want to do is come home and be a human incubator for this baby. But when I am home, there's so much to do to get ready for both Christmas and the little one's arrival. I finally got my Christmas cards ordered, and now I've got to get to work on my continuing education courses that need to be completed before the end of the year. I have a feeling that all the pre-holiday, end-of-the-year tasks are going to take up the next several weeks, and then in January we're going to be nuts trying to get everything ready for the baby!

I had my bi-monthly check-up last week; everything was fine. I wanted to know whether the doctor could tell what position the baby is in (since I can't tell), but he said that he couldn't really say at that point and would check the position at my 36 week appointment. I'm continuing to feel the rolling, pushing type of movement almost all day long. Sometimes it feels like he's got something (a foot?) wedged up in my ribs, and other times it feels like he's kicking directly at my cervix. I will say that the movements are starting to be a little less cute and a little more uncomfortable. I'm now getting up usually twice each night (sometimes three times) to pee. I am thankful that my rings still fit and my feet and ankles haven't started swelling at all. Oh, and my belly button is still an innie and looks to stay that way for a while! I must finally look pregnant to those who don't know me, because I finally got my first comment from a stranger, asking me if I'm having a boy or a girl!

Here's the weekly growth of the belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment