Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby's first Gator game

Stewart's dad got us some last minute tickets to the UF-TN game on Saturday, and we were thrilled since we had thought we weren't going to get to go to a game at all this season. I was a little bit worried about whether the noise would bother the baby, since I had just read that a noise as loud as a jackhammer can be upsetting to a baby at this point in pregnancy. I'm pretty sure that 90,000 screaming fans in The Swamp is louder than a jackhammer, but I figured since Angie is a pediatrician and went to the FL-GA game while pregnant with Anna, it wouldn't really do any damage.

I did hit what I consider a pregnancy low once we arrived in Gainesville. We'd been searching for a parking spot forever, and finally managed to snag the last spot in the front yard of some college guys' house. I had to go to the bathroom so bad and didn't think I could make it all the way to the stadium, so I asked the guys if I could use their bathroom. "Sure, go ahead in and just ask anyone where it is," he said. It was such the stereotypical college guy's house, and I felt SO old walking in there. And the bathroom was NASTY! But my bladder could not be ignored. I'm still amused that I actually went in to that house....

So the game was fun, and the baby didn't seem to be bothered by the noise. In fact, I think he was probably even doing a little baby gator chomp in there...


And since we figured it would be several years before he's old enough to take his first real trip to a Gator game, we should document this as his first visit to The Swamp. Stewart and I are sharing responsibility for the poor composition of this photo....me because I plunked my purse down right in front of the gator, and Stewart because he cut off half the gator's head.


And for the record, I don't usually wear dresses to football games (that's just too Georgia sorority girl for me), but my wardrobe options are currently pretty limited at the moment. Don't judge me.

3 comments:

  1. I won't judge you sweetie :) You can wear a dress anywhere you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! And Anna's hearing seems to be intact despite the FL-GA game (I thought firing a gun while pregnant was the most dangerous thing I did--I forgot about all those loud Florida and Georgia fans!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said It's Great, To Be... A Gator Baby!

    ReplyDelete