Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yesterday's appointment and today's announcement

The cat's out of the bag at school! I had asked my principal not to tell anyone until my doctor's appointment yesterday (more on that later). So when I got to school this morning I told a couple of the front office ladies, and then was on my way to go tell my friend Megan, who I've worked with for the last three years. Just my luck, the principal intercepted me along the way and excitedly asked if everything had gone well. When I said it had, she practically started jumping up and down and said "Can I make an announcement now??" I had kind of been leaning toward not making a big school-wide announcement, but she was practically humming with excitement and who was I to ruin her fun? So I told her yes and she literally ran to the intercom to announce it. Can you tell I work for an enthusiastic and child-living principal? Since the school is only one year old, I'm the first faculty member to get pregnant so everyone has been super excited. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "This will be our first baby otter!" (Obviously the otter is our mascot.)

As for the doctor's appointment, it was kind of underwhelming. I saw a different doctor like I thought I would, and while he was nice, it was obvious that it was just a quickie checkup appointment. He had a student with him who found the heartbeat with the doppler (150 bpm). Stewart and I later joked that other than that, the whole appointment could have been done over the phone! It just felt kind of rushed and I didn't quite feel like I was able to get all my questions answered. So I'm looking forward to seeing my doctor again in three weeks. And I'm REALLY looking foward to that appointment because I'll have an ultrasound and hopefully find out whether we're having a boy or a girl! I am so anxious to find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment