Sunday, August 9, 2009

15 weeks



I got out a ruler this morning to get a better idea of how long 4 inches is, and was shocked at how big the baby has gotten! Especially since that 4 inches doesn't include the legs (the measurements are crown-to-rump, so from the top of the head to the bottom of the butt.) Wow!

Honestly, this hasn't been the greatest week for me in terms of how I'm feeling. I started with this nagging cough which has moved progressively farther into my chest. It also intensifies the headache, which I haven't been able to get rid of completely since it started last week. Of course I can't really take any medicines that would help a cough or a headache. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so obviously I'm going to talk to him about the cough (I really think I'm just out of luck with the headache.)

I also started back to work this week, so I'm a lot more tired and feeling the back-to-school stress. I told my principal and assistant principal that I'm pregnant (and they were really excited), plus the ESE teacher and paraprofessional that I work with closely. I haven't told the rest of the teachers yet, and I'm trying to decide how to do it. It seems kind of weird to stand up at a faculty meeting or something and announce that I'm knocked up, but on the other hand I hate the thought of people wondering and talking behind my back about whether I'm pregnant or just packing on pounds. Stewart swears that my belly is rounding out and getting harder, but to the casual observer, it's still pretty hard to tell. My larger-size pants are now starting to get tight, so I'm thinking that maternity pants may be on the horizon in the next couple weeks.

I don't think I'm going to see my actual doctor tomorrow (boo!) They like you to see every doctor in the practice once, just in case your specific doctor is not on call when you go into labor. I was hoping that I could see my doctor again so I could try to talk him into making another gender guess. I doubt that I'll even ask if I end up seeing a new doctor. Regardless, I'm going to try to make that ultrasound appointment by the end of August at the latest, so it will be before Stewart starts his next rotation. So hopefully we'll know in three weeks! Stewart's family seems to be leaning toward thinking it's a girl...I still have no idea!

So here I am in my PJ's, still looking lumpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment