Friday, August 14, 2009

Body confidence, courtesy of a 3rd grader

A friend at work has two sweet girls, one in 3rd grade and one in 5th grade at our school. Today as we were walking out to the parking lot together, she told the girls that I was going to have a baby. Their eyes got really big and they just kinda stared at me, until Melissa prompted them to tell me "congratulations." As I was pulling out of the parking lot, she flagged me down and told me that the younger one had said "But she can't be having a baby! She's skinny!" Bless her little heart.

This is from the same girl who last year, after seeing me after school in my gym clothes said "Ms. Courtney, you look CUTE in shorts!"

If I have a girl, I'm going to have to take lessons in raising her from Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment