Thursday, January 7, 2010

Report from my first weekly doctor visit

Today was the first of my weekly doctor's appointments, which last from now until the big birthday! Everything looked good....blood pressure, iron levels, baby's heartbeat, etc. When he measured my belly the doctor said he thought it was a bit lower and maybe the baby had started dropping (a surprise to me.) Then when he actually checked me, he literally said "Oh my, there's the baby's head, he's very low!!" However there is absolutely no change to my cervix, so it doesn't look like we're having a baby tomorrow or anything crazy like that. I gained 4 lbs since my last appointment 3 weeks ago (which I'm blaming on our week in B-town), but surprisingly I didn't get a weight lecture. I think maybe the doctor figures it's too late now to lecture me! This puts me at a total weight gain of 32 pounds. It looks like I'll be at the upper end of the recommended 25-35 pound weight gain by the end of this, but hearing other people's stories about how they gained 50 or 60 pounds makes me feel pretty darn good about 35.

My friend Kayla is ready to have her baby any day now, and so is my anchorwoman buddy (who I just ran into at BabiesRUs!) I've been thinking about them a lot, and can't believe that I'll be soon to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment