Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nada!

Today was my last doctor's appointment, and I was shocked to find out that there was NO progress. No difference from last week! I couldn't believe it. They did an extensive ultrasound to make sure the baby is doing OK in there, and he looked awesome. Good movement, good diaphragm function, and a couple other things I can't remember. The ultrasound tech said that she was basically giving him the equivalent of an APGAR score while still in utero, and that he would get an 8 out of 8. That's our boy!!

So we have an induction scheduled for Monday evening. We go in at 6pm to get the process started, and then when my doctor comes on duty on Tuesday morning he'll really get things going. It looks like we should have a baby on Tuesday at the latest! I still am really hoping that I will go in to labor on my own before then. I have almost four days for that to happen, but of course the report I got today on my stubborn cervix doesn't help my optimism. Maybe it will all happen at once, who knows? Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I hope everything goes well, Court! I'm praying for you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing. Well, at least he's got a deadline now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little fellow is just a little nervous and hesitant cause he knows you and Stewart are first time parents and he has the task of breaking you in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And he has to train those grandparents too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie, at least Tuesday is just around the corner if he doesn't come out on his own! I will continue praying :) Love you lots and I can't wait to meet the little guy.

    ReplyDelete