Thursday, August 20, 2009

Confession

While waiting at a restaurant this week, I noticed another pregnant woman standing near us, resting her hand on her belly. Stewart and I had a quiet discussion about who we thought was farther along...he thought it was her, I think it was me. At that point, I admitted to Stewart that I sometimes rest my hand on my stomach in public on purpose, so people will think I'm actually pregnant and not just thick around the middle. And he told me I had to stop.

The great irony is that we were at Steak and Shake, waiting on milkshakes to go, which obviously WILL make one thick around the middle.

Not one to pass up the opportunity for drama, I pretended to be ticked and left Stewart by the door to go sit on one of the counter stools. With my hand on my belly, smiling smugly at my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I did that too!! And kind of stuck my stomach forward a little to emphasize that it was pregnant, not just fat. Totally rational, at least in my book.

    ReplyDelete